Recipe courtesy: Galaxy Guides
Creamy Coconut Southern Rock Lobster Soup with Mushrooms and Green Almonds
for the soup base
- 1L dirty Southern Rock Lobster stock, seasoned to taste with sea salt and white pepper
- 200g fresh coconut meat, cleaned weight, finely chopped in a Thermomix or Mycook — see tip
for the soup
- 50g diced Chinese turnip, peeled weight
- 20g fresh shitake mushrooms, finely sliced
- 3 medium oyster mushrooms, shredded
- 30g enoki mushrooms, rough chopped
- dill sprigs
- 3 x 30g slices of green Southern Rock Lobster tail meat
- 3 garlic flowers
- 6 green almonds, finely sliced
- 3 egg yolks
Bring the stock to the boil, mix in the coconut with a stab mixer. Allow to cool sufficiently to be handled and then drain the stock into a sieve that is covered with a double layer of muslin. Squeeze out the coconut meat and refrigerate the infused stock until ready to use.
For the soup
Before finishing the soup, divide everything between the three warmed bowls to allow it to come to room temperature. Whisk the coconut infused stock together and take out a small amount and mix the egg yolks into it. Heat the stock mass, and as soon as it comes to the boil, whisk in the egg yolks then immediately remove from the heat. Whisk the soup to get a good froth.
Pour over the other ingredients at the table.
tip — you can buy frozen, cleaned and grated young coconut meat at some Asian grocers, but it is not as good as fresh.
Recipes, text and images © Ann Oliver galaxyguides.com